Find out How Therapy Can Help You Heal
If you have been using substances and now find that not using them has left you with a lot of overwhelming feelings you are not alone. You may feel alone, but you aren’t.
You may be at your rock bottom and you maybe have found your way into a 12-step program and know you’re not alone but really struggle with the new lifestyle.
If you’re newly sober it is a raw and anxiety provoking feeling. Maybe~ you keep relapsing~
You may have stopped using substances and found that other issue’s have surfaced. You might have a co-occurring disorder such as an eating disorder, anxiety disorder, and/or depression.
Do any of these sound like you?
- Now that I’m sober, where is the reward? Sometimes I’m in more pain than ever before.
- My emotions—sadness, anxiety, anger—are all over the place. I feel so out of control sometimes.
- I feel like I have been turned inside out and have to learn to live a new way—a life without addiction–and I don’t know how.
- It takes so much energy to fight the urge to drink or take drugs.
- I miss my old friends.
- I’m still struggling in my relationships. I can’t seem to be happy.
- I can’t find peace within myself. Life is still too much of a struggle.
- I still have many regrets—all that time I wasted while using drugs or alcohol.