Maybe you are struggling with a full-fledged eating disorder –Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, or Orthorexia?
Here is your chance to heal your all-consuming challenges with food and finally feel good about yourself….
You are tired of thinking about food, your weight and your body image all the time—or maybe you are tired of trying NOT to think about them all the time! (All or nothing thinking turns into Famine or Feast behavior)
You feel out of control when it comes to food…and you are overwhelmed…
You over eat, or…
You restrict how much you eat, or…
You constantly fluctuate between the two. Either way the obsession with food builds momentum and leads you to feeling crazy and overwhelmed emotionally.
Your eating habits are not healthy –you either have an eating disorder, or you fall into the category of disordered eating—irregular or unhealthy eating habits that are harmful to you in some way….the obsession is there.
~I have some good news for you that with some support you will learn to love~
Your struggle isn’t about the food, but it’s about the food. That’s exhausting and confusing! If you go deeper into your feelings, your struggle is with anxiety and how you use food to self-soothe.
These are some of the common thoughts my clients that struggle with food related issues reveal to me during our sessions:
- Sometimes I despise my body and think it’s ugly.
- I feel fat…OR, I’m scared that I WILL BE fat if I change my relationship to food.
- I feel that I must be perfect or I won’t be lovable.
- I feel anxious if I don’t exercise every day.
- When I finally lose weight, people will notice; and I will feel better about myself, but embarrassed that they notice the weight loss.
- If I stop purging, I will be too scared to eat.
- I’ve been unhappy for a long time.
- I want to stop these bad eating habits—gorging, dieting, restricting—but I don’t know where to start.
- I feel in control when I binge and purge or exercise excessively.